Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In The Beginning....

To make a long story short, I became a diabetic about a year ago last Summer.

Well....I FOUND OUT I was a diabetic a year ago last Summer.

Cool.

That explains the fatigue and the weight loss and the thirstiness and the ice chewing and the constant peeing. How long I was a diabetic before I found out..who knows. But now I knew and I had to take care of it.

I learned about carbohydrates and bad sugars and good sugars and protiens and medication.

I became this fanatic! I ate the right foods and took my medicine and my blood sugar levels went down. I started losing weight and people were noticing and complimenting me! I NEVER get complimented! I could get a new hair-do and no one would notice. But now man i was looking good!

So was that cupcake someone brought in to work.

It was the most beautiful thing I ever did see! It was a moist white cake with fluffy white icing! I could smell it from across the room. It had to be calling my name cuz i went right over there and picked it up.

That's all she wrote.

My friend put it perfectly, "Terry you fell off the sugar wagon onto the cupcake wagon." She was right. I started gaining weight and not eating right. Hence the reason for this blog.

It's time to take control of this disease!
And I'm gonna do it!

Sincerely,

The Reluctant Diabetic

No comments:

Post a Comment